Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Lack of Sleep
I just need to vent today. Our family had another night of crappy sleep last night. Our dear, sweet, little angel has for some reason, forgotten how to sleep. For the past few months Lane has been sporadically waking 3-4 times a night. Last night she was up at 3am, 4am and 5am. Chris and I feel like we are back in the infant stage and are at our wits end. We are trying not create any bad habits so I am not too comfortable rocking her back to sleep, letting her sleep with us or giving her a bottle during these wee hours. Not to say I haven't tried these approaches separately, but to no avail. We have also tried the approach of letting her cry it out...but this doesn't seem to be working either. After my second cup of coffee today, I'm feeling better but would probably feel a whole lot better with a good nights sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Is she waking because she is getting teeth or anything like that? There is always Tylenol...not suggesting you drug your child...but hey there MIGHT be a pain or ache SOMEWHERE.
Jaelyn did a stretch of a couple months where she would wake up 1x a night too...it gets old really quick (especially after you are so used to full nights sleep). A friend of mine said she read somewhere that when they are learning new tricks (i.e. crawling/walking, etc) that they wake themselves up more in the middle of the night. Not sure, but it coincided with Jaelyn crawling. Hmmm. Hang in there! She WILL get back to her normal sleepy self...Jaelyn did!
We are with you. Not with just one of our children but both! I totally think that its teeth for Natalie, but for Dylan...who knows why he does most things? Tylenol and baby orajel seem to work for Natalie. Or the Wiggles for Dylan, thats the only thing on Disney at 3am. It stinks!
Post a Comment