.jpg)
.jpg)
It's official. I ran the River Bank Run!
I have wanted to run the 25K race since college but something always seemed to get in the way and the timing was never right. Since I was in desperate need after my pregnancy to improve my health, I knew this would be the perfect opportunity to finally reach this goal. So, about 6 months ago, my friend Cricket and I began training and met every Friday since then, for a long run.
Frankly, our main goal was just to finish but we also needed to work towards something during our training so we were hoping to come in somewhere under 3 hours. I am happy to say that we finished the race in 2 hours 43 minutes and had such a great time along the way! We really had so much fun and I feel truly grateful to have had this opportunity. I can hardly believe that 9 months ago I was on bed-rest and taking high blood pressure medication. It is through God's amazing grace, the encouragement of family and friends and the support of my running buddy, Cricket, that I finally accomplished this goal. Thanks to everyone for your support!
8 comments:
Woo-hoo! Way to go April! I checked your stats online yesterday and saw how well you did...way to go, girl!
GREAT WORK APRIL!!!
I saw your time in the paper too. My bro (Brian) ran it too and I looked for you but must have missed ya! I must say I am jealous! Way to get in shape. That is a loooooooooong race!
Very impressive!
Wish I could do that...I get out of breath after 2 miles. UGH. I need someone to light a fire under my butt to get me running!! You rock!! Congrats on doing the run!
Great job April! At mile 13 you guys looked like you had just started running by how great you both looked. You could have fooled me that you had been running for 2 hours already. What a wonderful accomplishment! I'm very proud of you!
WOW, awesome April!
Yahooey! You did it! Very proud of you! :)
congrats! i just completed a 5k walk... we had SO much fun we decided to do more and for greater distances.
if it's available to you check out the magazine Experience Life, i think you'd enjoy it.
anyway, great pics and thanks for sharing ;)
Post a Comment