Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Car seat Advice

I could use some advice from the other Moms out there. We are at the stage where we need a new car seat but Lane still needs to be rear facing because of her weight. Chris and I are having trouble deciding what features are important and what will be the best bang for our buck. I was wondering if I could get any advice from anyone that has a car seat they love or one to maybe stay away from. Any help on this topic would be appreciated!

5 comments:

rachelvs said...

All our kids outgrew their carseats before they could be forward facing. For us, the only things that mattered were: Convertable carseat (rear and forward facing) 5 point harness, up to 40 pounds, (although up to 80 pounds would have been really nice- but very expensive). Basically, she isn't going to reach 40 pounds before she turns 4, and after that she can be in a booster seat. BUT the 5 point harness is the safest, and if you can keep her in that for a long time it will be great.

mbyeman said...

We went with the Britax Round-a-bout. Jaelyn was in the same boat as Lane. She outgrew the infant seat, but still needed to be rear facing for 4 months. I LOVE this car seat. It is super easy to install and get her in/out of. It's on the expensive side...but I would totally recommend getting this one. I decided not to do the marathon b/c I couldn't see her using a 5 point harness when she weighed 60 lbs. Let me know if you need more advice! Good luck!

Mark and His Girls said...

Hi April,
We recommend the Britax Marathon. It's pricey (however, you can find some great deals on ebay...new), but Lane is going to be in it for quite a long time. And then when she outgrows it, she can hand it down to her other sibling(s). They also come in some adorable prints! :)

Keely said...

Hi April!! I found your blog off of Jessica's...small world huh? My son is a peanut, and will be rear-facing until kindergarten I'm afraid! We switched to the Britax Marathon about a month ago....love it, it's like a little reclining chair for him back there :-)You have such a cute family!
Keely (VanTil) Lehr

Abbie said...

April,
We LOVE our Britax Roundabout and Marathon(we have one in each car)! Like Allison said, they're a bit more pricey, but well worth it. You can check ebay, or we just waited until we got a 20% off coupon for Babies R Us. You can't go wrong with a Britax in my opinion. :) Call me.