Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Allergy Update

Lane saw the allergist today and we found out that she is officially allergic to milk. On a rating scale of 1-4 (4 being the most severe), she is at a 3. This means absolutely no dairy products or any food item with milk in the ingredients. We have been doing pretty well with her diet to this point but I think I will be the most nervous when I have to hand her over to other care-givers. I guess it's probably a nice combination of being a Mom and having a few issues with control :). We are now in the fine world of always having Benadryl and Epi-Pens on hand...lets just pray we NEVER have to use them!
Lane will be re-tested in a year, and every year after, if the allergy continues. There is a possibility she will out grow it at the age of 3 or 4, which we can only hope is the case!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What?! how does this happen? I am glad you got to the bottom of the situation, though.

i won't be at soccer the last game because I have an open house for school. Sad. I hope to meet up later, though, since the team will probably go out to bW3's!

Miss ya!

Abbie said...

Let's hope she outgrows this soon! Yuck! You're a trooper! Hang in there...

When do you want to have another playdate?