Saturday, March 22, 2008
10 Miles
Its official, I've signed up for the 25K Fifth Third River Bank Run. My running partner, Cricket, and I decided that when we made it to 10 miles in our training it meant we were serious about this and would sign up for the race. Well, on Friday we ran our 10 miles. It was so freezing cold and we were sick and tired of running in this Michigan weather that we decided to run it all on the treadmills. I am not sure if anyone else has done this but I will never be doing it again. Two hours of looking at the same wall and going nowhere is beyond monotonous. And I'm not sure if I have gone a bit crazy because I never thought I would pay money to run, but I did. So, the training continues and we are onto 11 miles for next week. Whoo hooo!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yahooey! You can do it!
I know it was cold on Friday, but seriously, 10 miles on a treadmill? Whoa. That is determination. Nice job!
Good for you! So proud (and in awe) of you! Yay, yay!!
Wow, I wish I could do that : )
S.T.P!!! Phelpsie...what has gotten into you?! :) No, really it gives me motivation to get my butt movin'!!
Cricket told me you guys signed up after you 10 treadmill torture. Now there's no backing out. If running for 2 hours on a treadmill doesn't change your mind about doing it, I don't think anything will. Good job!!!!
Post a Comment